Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
SIMON is looking for a Technical Product Manager, with 5-10 years of experience to work to define the roadmap for scaling SIMON’s underlying technology such that it supports our growing product vision, product roadmap, and product strategy. In this role you’ll be expected to understand our existing technology stack, stay up to date with evolving technology trends and collaborate with senior members of our engineering team to build & drive the technical roadmap forward. You’ll work closely with our product managers to understand the roadmap for our growing product offering & feature set and ensure the technical strength of our platform. You’ll also cultivate a deep understanding of the US wealth management industry and the way that our technology is developed to scale the distribution of complex financial products.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
• Understand SIMON’s technology and build/maintain the roadmap for how it needs to evolve in order to support a growing user base and expanding product offering
• Share insights and partner with engineering stakeholders to manage technical considerations; work closely with engineering team to ensure that product requirements are understood
• Manage technical considerations, working closely with engineering team to deliver elegant solutions to complex problems
• Manage technical projects and investments in our core platform technology, ensuring transparent project plans, milestones and, ultimately, that delivery deadlines are met
• Prioritize and resource technical projects, ensuring company wide priorities are met & supported by continual investment in the strength of our technology
• Operate an agile development framework by defining user stories, planning sprints, and driving retrospective
What We're Looking For
• 5-10 years of professional work experience
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Previous experience in launching and/or managing SaaS/PaaS/IaaS offerings
• Strong communication and intrapersonal skills
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Comfort working with senior stakeholders
• Passionate about programming and cutting-edge technologies
• Understanding of the different components of the technology stack for a cloud-based application
• Experience with scalable frontend or backend development
• Knowledge of open-source technologies, modern web standards/best practices and distributed systems are a plus
• Previous experience in financial services and financial technology
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.
Your application was submitted successfully.