Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
SIMON is looking for a project manager to scale across all departments and help execute our vision. In this role you’ll work closely with our product managers and technology leads to facilitate our technology development by coordinating with internal teams including sales, UX design, engineering, legal and compliance. Your role will be to enable collaboration, effective delivery and ensure the team meets business objectives in a timely manner. If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion to learn new tools and techniques, and develop innovative solutions, we want to talk to you!
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
• Manage JIRA, including writing tickets, managing sprint boards and maintaining a well-groomed backlog
• Partner with product managers to document user stories, tasks and acceptance criteria in JIRA, ensuring that requirements are communicated in a clear & detailed manner. Ensure priorities are clearly communicated
• Partner with engineering teams to ensure development efforts are carefully planned and timelines for delivery are both accurate and transparent
• Facilitate meetings and discussions, including development team daily stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives
• Plan and attend internal & external meetings by setting efficient agendas, driving stakeholders towards decisions, ensuring there are clear follow ups and taking meeting notes
• Work with internal stakeholders (outside of the development team) to ensure that other internal processes, such as legal & compliance reviews, are followed and closely coordinated with development efforts
What We're Looking For
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish solid relationships and promote team cohesiveness
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Analytical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
• Able to work both collaboratively and independently in a cross functional environment
• Experience with navigating complex software development projects
• Experience with technical tools such as JIRA, Confluence
• Expert knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, JIRA Query Language and plug-ins like Structure and BigPicture) along with collaboration tools (MS Office, Confluence)
• Project Management/Scrum master experience, Scrum master certification (SAFe), Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
• Previous experience in financial services or financial technology company
• Facilitation skills guiding groups through processes that help them to come to solutions and make decisions
• Previous experience in a startup or growth company
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.
Your application was submitted successfully.